Hurricane Demolition, LLC is a 7-year old environmental company based in Houston, TX that disassembles residential and small commercial buildings throughout the Greater Houston area. We assist building owners in donating reusable material from these jobs to a partnering IRS tax exempt 501(c)(3))nonprofit organization, The ReBuild Warehouse, that sells it for substantially reduced prices to the general public, remodeling companies, property managers, landlords, and homeowners for their building and renovation needs. In the process, Hurricane Demolition, LLC seeks to:
Hurricane Demolition LLC
• recycle or reclaim for reuse approximately 80% of the structure
• enable the donors to earn a significant tax deduction for their donations
• save the property owner expensive debris hauling and disposal costs
• provide trade skills and permanent employment for hard-to-place workers.
Our company’s mission is to maximize:
• the amount of used building materials kept out of the landfill
• The amount of deductions an owner can claim by donating reclaimed building material for charitable purposes.
What is deconstruction?
The careful dismantling of a structure’s reusable finished and recyclable building materials in order to maximize its recycling and reuse.
Who might be interested in Hurricane Demolition?
Who might be interested in deconstruction?
- Those interested in such environmental issues as reducing their carbon footprint, saving dwindling landfill space, saving embodied energy, reducing CO2 emissions, and preventing toxic chemicals from leaching into the groundwater
- Homeowners seeking to renovate expand their current residence
- Homeowners who want to demolish their older home so they can build a new house on the site
- A builder under contract with a homeowner to remodel or build a new home (or bidding on bidding such a job) and seeking to be more competitive by reducing hauling and disposal costs and providing the a owner a tax benefit
- Commercial building owners or property managers changing over tenants and needing to prepare the vacated space for lease to new tenants.
What are the benefits of deconstruction?
- Generates substantial tax deductions for the property owner
- Makes available used building materials at greatly reduced prices to homeowners, remodelers, landlords, and property management companies
- Recycles unusable building materials into mulch, aggregate fill, and reusable metal
- Reduces need for construction & demolition (C&D) landfill space
- Saves natural resources and embodied energy contained inherent in the reclaimed materials
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Creates new, stable jobs in an growing “green collar” industry
- Provides nonprofit organizations, such as The ReBuild Warehouse, with an ongoing stream of reclaimed build materials to sell that generates revenue for their mission
- Is both environmentally friendly and cost-competitive with traditional demolition.
- What are the categories of Hurricane Demolition?
- Whole house disassembly and take-down
- Major renovation (expansion upward or outward)
- Skim (removal of most valuable materials prior to the structure being demolished